In this tutorial we show you how to connect your custom domain (i.e. yourdomain.com) to your Oh My, Hi! website so you don't have to use the standard https://ohmyhi.com/yoursite URL.
1) There are two steps to this process:Update your DNS records with your domain registrar (Uniregistry, GoDaddy, Namecheap, etc.) to point your A record to our Oh My Hi server.
- After completing this step, wait 24 hours before proceeding to the next step.
2) Under the Account section, add your domain name.
Watch the video below for a step-by-step walk through of how to complete this step and send us a message if you have any questions!
The two DNS records being added/updated are below:
Main A Record:
- Type: A
- Name / Host / Alias: @ (or blank depending on your domain registrar)
- TTL: 300
- Data / Value / Answer / Destination: 188.8.131.52
CNAME www Record:
- Type: CNAME
- Name / Host / Alias: www
- TTL: 300
- Data / Value / Answer / Destination: @ (or blank depending on your domain registrar)
Instructions to update DNS records at other commonly used domain registrars: