In this tutorial we walk through the steps to connect your custom domain (i.e. yourdomain.com) to your Oh My, Hi website so you don't have to use the standard https://ohmyhi.com/yoursite URL.
There are a few steps to this process and it requires some changes by support on our end. Here are the basic steps:
- You send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your domain name and letting us know you'd like to use a custom domain name for your site
- We create 2 domain DNS TXT records required to verify your domain name
- You (or we if you provide us access) update the DNS settings for your domain name to add the two TXT records
- We verify the domain within our system
- You (or we) update DNS A records to point your domain name to our platform
- We update your site to use the custom domain name
The simplest and fastest way to get a custom domain assigned to your site is to provide us with delegate/developer access to your domain registrar account. There are instructions to do this on GoDaddy here and Google Domains here. If you are using a different registrar search the help articles for "delegate access" or "developer access" to find instructions, or send us a message and we'd be happy to help!
If you provide us with delegate access then we can complete all the steps for you. If you would like to update the domain DNS settings yourself that's great! There are just a few back-and-forth steps we need to take so the process is a little longer.
In general, the whole process usually doesn't take longer than 24-48 hours and there will be no downtime of your Oh My Hi site throughout the process.